Long-Term Plans That Protect Your Wealth
Although long-term health care planning is important, many people are afraid that good plans will drain their family assets. When you work with an experienced lawyer, that does not need to happen. At my firm — the Law Offices of Russell E. Baldwin Chartered — I work with clients throughout Naperville, Illinois, to preserve family's wealth and adequately plan for the future. Contact me online or call 630-717-4552 to schedule your appointment.
I have a great deal of experience doing estate planning. I've been doing estate planning, probate administration and elder law work for 28 years. This experience gives me a deep understanding of the situation my clients are in. I offer legal solutions that are tailored to your needs, providing compassionate advice and counsel about a variety of topics, including:
- Elder law: I work with seniors, their families and their caregivers to make educated decisions about estate planning, Medicaid planning and preservation of assets.
- Estate planning: I help clients create wills, trusts, powers of attorney, health care powers of attorney and living wills to dictate their wishes. Estate planning is important; it provides a legal set of documents expressing how you would like your wealth and assets divided, and your health care handled if you are unable to tell people directly.
- Medicaid planning: If one spouse goes into a nursing home or hospital, it is important for the spouse who remains in the home to rework their will to ensure their wishes will be followed.
- Special needs trusts: If you have children or other disabled loved ones who are on governmental benefits, a special needs trust allows you to give them financial gifts without jeopardizing their ability to receive governmental benefits. I work with clients to create supplemental needs trusts and OBRA trusts.
- Powers of attorney: If you are unable to make your own decisions, a power of attorney allows another person to make decisions on your behalf. I help clients draft a document that grants the appropriate rights to the person named to take care of them.
- Probate administration: After a person dies, their estate and assets must be distributed to the heirs and beneficiaries. I work with clients to help ensure the process is done correctly.
Schedule an appointment with an experienced lawyer by contacting me online or calling 630-717-4552. I can help preserve your wealth and assets while making long-term health care plans.